Quite simply, we love bone broth. Not only does it help us feel better when we’re under the weather, it’s a powerful anti-aging elixir. Bone broth is known to nourish skin and it contains magnesium, potassium, and calcium, amino acids, collagen, hyaluronic acid (our favorite!), and glycosaminoglycans. Some experts say it's better than botox for fighting fine lines and wrinkles. While that may be a stretch, we're willing to try anything in the name of beauty.
Here’s our recipe for effortless bone broth at home.
What you’ll need:
- 3 lb bones from grass-fed beef, chicken or buffalo
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Adding 1-4 tbsp of cinnamon will make your home smell amazing (added bonus: cinnamon naturally regulates insulin levels)
- Place bones in a slow cooker, cover with cold water and set the temperature on low heat. You don’t want the water to do much more than simmer.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the cold water.
- Cook on low for a minimum of 8 hours. The best restaurants simmer their broths for up to 48 hours. The longer you simmer, the more nutrients you’re extracting. Just add more water as needed.
- Pour broth and bones through a strainer and discard solids. Enjoy!
You can store extra bone broth in your refrigerator or freezer (make ice cubes for easy storage), just reheat on the stove at your convenience!