Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product you purchase, we donate one to empower a woman thriving through cancer or domestic violence. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens, sulfates, or toxins. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed at Thrive Lab in Seattle—we control every step of the product development process.
We are looking for a talented head of eCommerce to support our online growth. The role is responsible for the overall success of our website based on key performance metrics, including customer acquisition and retention. The role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and serves as part of the leadership team. The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented, highly organized individual who enjoys managing challenging projects and working cross-functionally. Additionally, the ideal candidate should have the ability to bring analytics and insights to both marketing and product disciplines.
- Own the eCommerce experience including performance marketing, site design, merchandising, and functionality to drive new customer acquisition as well as retain existing customers.
- Responsible for meeting all sales goals on thrivecausemetics.com.
- Collaborate with Product Development and Marketing to manage and execute differentiated product and brand storytelling.
- Plan, execute and manage a user experience testing program.
- Manage and utilize analytics to monitor overall performance, drive sales growth, identify problems and find solutions.
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and coaching to the ecommerce team, including setting and managing objectives for individual team members.
- Lead hiring and personnel decisions.
- Develop all team training materials.
- Develop and maintain all ecommerce metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce, digital marketing, analytics, or similar role.
- 2+ years managing individual contributors to drive results.
- 2+ years of data analytics and reporting experience, including usage Google Analytics.
- Expert knowledge of online marketing channels, including SEM, SEO, Display Ads, and Paid Social.
- Demonstrated understanding of web design and development concepts and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to be friendly.
- Ability to communicate effectively internal teams, including product development, retail, and operations.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and complete other tasks, as assigned.
- Proficient in Google email and documents required.
- US citizenship or permanent residency required.
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? If yes, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself. Please attach your resume and cover letter. Include the title of the position you are applying for and your name in the subject.