Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. While working for L’Oreal’s luxury division creating products for Clarisonic, YSL and Lancome, Karissa Bodnar lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product you purchase, we donate one to a woman in need. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan formulas whenever possible containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens, sulfates or toxins. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed at Thrive Lab in Seattle—we control every step of the product development process.
We are looking for a motivated program manager to support our Beauty with a Purpose mission. The role is responsible for the overall success of our donation program, including coordination of giving events. The role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and serves as part of the leadership team. The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented, highly organized individual who enjoys building relationships internally and externally and managing challenging projects. Additionally, the ideal candidate should have the ability to bring reporting and insights as the program grows and develops.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and refine the overarching program strategy.
- Build a plan to execute the program strategy, including development of giving event standards and protocols.
- Develop and communicate cross-functionally a deep understanding of the product offering, and why each is named after a woman who inspires us.
- Create, with leadership team input, customer and donor messaging.
- Work with Marketing to add content to thrivecausemetics.com and build collateral materials.
- Partner with product manufacturing to ensure products are available and packaged appropriately.
- Build a pipeline of potential partner organizations that allows us to connect with our target donees in their communities.
- Build a nationwide pipeline of potential donation events and locales.
- Plan, execute and manage all giving events timely and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain all giving metrics.
- Ensure all donation tracking and monitoring is accurate and timely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in retail or non-profit program management, public relations, or similar role.
- Experience developing community relationships, including event planning and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to be friendly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams, including product development, retail, and operations.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and complete other tasks, as assigned.
- Ability to travel up to two weeks per month.
- Proficient in Google email and documents required.
- US citizenship or permanent residency required.
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? If yes, please send a short email to email@example.com telling us about yourself. Please attach your resume and cover letter. Include the title of the position you are applying for and your name in the subject.