Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product you purchase, we donate one to empower a woman thriving through cancer or domestic violence. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens, sulfates, or toxins. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed at Thrive Lab in Seattle—we control every step of the product development process.
We are looking for an organized, analytical supply chain manager to support and execute our distribution strategy. The role is responsible for our vendor relationships within our supply chain, including day-to-day management of our third-party logistics firm and our transportation providers. The role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and serves as part of the leadership team. The ideal candidate should be a process-focused and results-oriented individual who enjoys building processes and procedures. Developing metrics, forecasts and other measurements of success as well as managing challenging projects are required.
- Develop an expert understanding of the company’s end-to-end business processes and how they relate to supply chain.
- Collaborate with key business partners to develop the vision for the overall supply chain and ensure all critical business process aspects are considered and developed.
- Partner with the product development team, retail, marketing, and operations to develop demand and supply forecasts to ensure achievement of revenue goals, optimization of in-stock and fulfillment rates, and customer satisfaction.
- Support business, marketing, inventory production strategies, and organizational improvement opportunities to ensure overall business success and optimization.
- Review, analyze and assess risk to supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate risk, including storage capacity, inventory turnover and fulfillment operations.
- Own kitting and all value added processes throughout the logistics supply chain.
- Create, manage, optimize and report supply chain metrics and other key performance indicators.
- Develop tools for managing and analyzing the supply chain and fulfillment elements of each aspect of the business.
- Develop standard operating procedures and other training materials for supply chain.
- Develop relationships with third-party logistics and transportation providers to ensure open lines of communication and ability to continuously optimize those relationships.
- Frequent travel to warehouse operations to ensure proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in logistics, retail distribution, supply chain, or similar role.
- Experience building relationships and processes with third-party logistics providers, including implementation of systems and processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to be friendly.
- Ability to communicate effectively internal teams, including product development, retail, and operations.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and complete other tasks, as assigned.
- Ability to travel up to two weeks per month.
- Proficient in Google email and documents required.
- US citizenship or permanent residency required.
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? If yes, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself. Please attach your resume and cover letter. Include the title of the position you are applying for and your name in the subject.